TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for three SENIOR FIELD PROJECT CONTROLS ANALYST positions to work in a field environment. One position is based in Ontario and two are based in Saskatchewan.
- Report functionally to the Service Recipient’s Supervisor, Project Controls and indirectly, on a daily basis to the Service Recipient’s Construction Manager
- Working with the Project Controls Analyst to define the Work Breakdown Structure and budget to be utilized for the contracts.
- Verifying labour, equipment, materials and subcontractors (LEMS) sheets or scorecards.
- Implementing project controls systems to track construction costs
- Ensuring that all costs and hours expended on the project are allocated to the correct budget (WBS) accounts
- Interfacing with the contractors to ensure the timely and accurate provision of daily LEMS sheets, shift summaries, progress updates, and earned value reports
- Validating daily LEMS sheets and other similar contractor submittals for agreed-upon rates and correct WBS coding for the work performed
- Interfacing with the inspectors that approve the daily LEMS sheets and other similar reports for the accuracy of the hours expended and the resources itemized, ensuring they are an accurate reflection of the work
- Reviewing contractors’ invoices, ensuring that the coding, amounts and reported quantities are in agreement with the information provided to date by the contractors and with the terms and conditions of the contract
- Monitoring the schedule and report raw information to the Service Recipient’s Scheduler during construction
- Providing on-going updates to the Service Recipient’s Scheduler for a physical percentage of completed tasks based on the scorecards and agreed-upon contractor performance values
- Setting up scorecards for earned value reporting for the project scope broken down by the WBS and updating and monitoring performance of the project and the contractors based on the results
- Verifying actual progress and resources versus planned
- Ensuring the contractors are tracking the progress of their work in a similar manner utilizing scorecards to report earned value and overall scope completion percentages
- Reviewing with discipline-specific inspectors to ensure that the progress reporting of the contractors is accurate
- Update scorecards with installed quantities
- Follow Project Communication and Execution guidelines
- Initiative and Leadership of Cost Savings/ Efficiencies
- Constructively and proactively offer suggestions and opinions throughout the construction process
- Manage work orders and work extras, following the Company’s administrative guidelines
- Ensure timely approval and support document process
- Ensure time/material contracts are managed in a pro-active efficient manner
- Work and communicate closely with Engineering Team to guide the Contractors toward successful adherence to a schedule
- Work closely with the Company Engineering Team and with Contractors
- Ensure strict adherence to requirements within construction specification
- Ensure document are collected and represented as per the Company’s Permanent Construction Record Retention Index
- 10+ years of field experience is required with project controls in the midstream or oil and gas sector
- Project controls experience in planning/scheduling, project management of change, field progress systems and contractor performance management
- Additional experience in risk management is an asset
- Project Controls professional with depth and well-rounded project controls expertise, understanding of procedures and best practices
- Ability to translate schedule information into usable reports at different levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal and positive teamwork approach with cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Must be an expert at Excel
- Working knowledge of EcoSys and Oracle
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.