TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a CONTRACTS SPECIALIST for an Alberta based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
We are looking for a seasoned, dynamic individual with very strong contracts and project RFP experience to work on the development and execution of procurement for site projects for our client.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience in developing and executing major procurement and contracting.
- Interfacing with Project Engineering teams.
- Development of Procurement/contract strategies for assigned projects.
- Leading the development of Request for Proposal documents and bid evaluation criteria.
- Evaluating proposals, making recommendations and negotiating the final award of a Contract.
- Aggressively negotiating to ensure best value.
- Leading vendor performance evaluations and documenting process improvements. Maintaining databases for contracts, labor rates and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance to company best practices. Managing risk exposure to the client.
- Vacation coverage for teammates at other client facilities.
- Analyzing business data and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in all phases of procurement and contracting in chemical, oil and gas, EPC or other industrial environment.
- Experience in contract formation from $100k to $50MM. Training in Six Sigma or similar LEAN methodology.
- SCMA or equivalent designation.
- Ariba experience.
- Adept at developing relationships at all levels of organization Experience in process development and implementation.
- Experienced and trained negotiator.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Superior analytical and problem- solving skills, along with the ability to prioritize work and to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Major ERP experience
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.