TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for an ESTIMATOR for an Edmonton area based opportunity in a large operating facility.
- Responsible for project estimates with high proficiency in all areas (i.e. Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical) within the operating facility, for brownfield and greenfield projects
- Developing, approving and presenting estimate plans, budgets and schedules
- Reviewing, approving and issuing recommended contingency rates and escalation rates to be presented to the project team
- Analyzing estimating data and correlating to other projects and standards
- Maintaining requirements of the estimate and anticipating overlaps and gaps in costing
- Ensuring that internal reviews are provided in a timely manner
- Reviewing and providing guidance in the preparation of proposal cash flow models and working capital analysis
- Reviewing and critiquing designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when required
- Participating in risk discussion and associated contingency recommendations
- 10+ years of estimating experience in an operations setting (Chemical, Oil and Gas, Mining)
- Degree or Technical Diploma (NAIT/SAIT) in Engineering or Cost Engineering
- Ability to write and present estimate plans/basis documents
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes, standards and practices
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.