TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST for a Saskatchewan based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and administration of contracts, changes and amendments to ensure compliance with contract terms
- Assisting with preparation and coordination of the RFP and RFQ processes and participate in negotiations and contractor selection for contract formation
- Providing procurement support for capital projects of various sizes. This includes all aspects of procurement throughout the project cycle: developmental support, procurement strategy development/implementation, contracting, expediting, and project closeout.
- Preparation, monitoring, execution and negotiation of contracts with suppliers, as well as change order management, invoicing, amendments, claims and close out processes
- Managing the release of progress payments in accordance with contract terms and administer contract close outs
- Auditing contract compliance and monitoring contracts, delivery and reporting
- Resolving contract issues, claims and disputes quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring site assets are protected while mitigating risk by applying knowledge of regulations, laws, and contract terms and conditions to the establishment, maintenance and execution of contracts
- Work closely with site personnel to develop sound procurement and contracting strategies
- Maintaining an efficient contract control register and change logs as appropriate
- Performing any administrative functions necessary for the role such as scanning, filing and copying
- 10 years of experience in the development, negotiation and administration of contracts or an equal combination of education and experience
- Experience in the Materials Management field in an industrial setting
- Experience with SAP or a major ERP procurement software
- Strong knowledge of purchasing law, contract composition and dispute resolution tactics
- Experience administering contracts for a broad range of materials and services of varying levels of complexity, ranging from multi-year supply, service, engineering agreements to one-off major purchase contracts
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and disciplines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.