TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST for an Edmonton area based opportunity to work in an industrial plant environment. This is a contract position.
- Providing support for the maintenance of engineering drawings, indexes and filing systems for both electronic and paper formats
- Issuing drawings/documents, logging and tracking and ensuring proper revision control
- Providing input to ensure implementation of new document control software
- Ensuring the integrity/reliability of the information through development of new standards and procedures
- Scanning, photocopying and filing drawings / documents as required
- Assisting with general administrative duties, distribution of drawings and locating information or drawings
- A minimum of 5 years of Document Control experience in an Engineering or Construction environment
- Experience in all stages of document control in chemical, oil and gas, or other industrial environment, including Concurrent Engineering
- OpenText knowledge
- SharePoint O365 (OneDrive etc.)
- Proficiency in Word 2016 / XLS 2016
- Proficiency in Acrobat 10 – Professional
- Basic AutoCAD understanding (open, print, create pdf’s)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Full understanding of Drawing Disciplines, size, revisions etc.
- Knowledge in upkeep, updating etc., of equipment files
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.