TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PROCESS ENGINEER for a Calgary-based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment on a contract basis.
This individual will have a background in continuous chemical processes in a large-scale operating facility. They will have some experience managing/supporting continuous improvement projects within a process environment.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and monitor processes and operating systems
- Monitor unit KPI’s (catalyst, exchanger, machinery performance) to identify problems and opportunities in the operating units with the goal of continuously improving production, efficiency, cost and environmental performance
- Provide technical support to capital project development and execution
- Lead investigations of plant production issues
- Develop, update, and maintain Standard Operating Conditions and Limits (SOCL’s)
- Support Process Safety education and knowledge development
- Identify short and long-term equipment improvement and replacement needs
- Support maintenance of Process Safety Information (PSI), including P&IDs and PFDs
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in own work as well as in areas of responsibility
- Support site environmental compliance
- Develop alternatives and recommend design solutions, define scope and develop preliminary cost estimates and project economics
- Provide support in developing and tracking site budgets
- Provide assistance and mentorship to other employees when required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Chemical or Mechanical
- Professional Engineer Designation or immediately eligible
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in chemical or process engineering role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with key stakeholders
- Proven experience in planning, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.