TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a MINE ENGINEER for a Saskatchewan-based opportunity to work in a potash mining environment.
- Develop detailed cutting plans for all identified drift rehab locations.
- Develop ground control plans for all asset installation locations, mainline belts as well as any areas identified during the regular drift inspections.
- Develop ventilation plans to provide fresh air to the various excavation locations.
- Monitor daily excavation performance to maintain safety, quality, cost, schedule and scope as detailed in the Excavation SOW.
- Perform required regulatory compliance checks, job observations and actively participates in the 4 key PCS safety priorities. Ensure that safe work habits are enforced and instruct safe methods of doing work.
- Continually debrief Owner’s staff to communicate any potential issues or concerns.
- Effectively report progress of activities to the Owner, and highlight any areas requiring support with recommendations of an action plan to address such deficiencies/improvements.
- Keep peers informed on operations, particularly calling attention to changes, abnormalities and new problems as they arise. Establish and maintain effective two-way communication with employees.
- Evaluate, establish, and implement safe work practices that minimize hazard exposure to employees.
- Direct his/her area of responsibility to achieve the highest standards in all aspects, including safety, employee relations, production, cost, and effective utilization of the resources available. Direct, adjust and cease work activities to ensure employees are performing safe and productive work.
- Degree in Mining or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Previous potash mine experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through www.tsgstaffing.ca . Please reference Job # TSG19-618.