TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting an INSTRUMENTATION TECHNOLOGIST or INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER for an opportunity in the greater Edmonton area to work in a large operating plant environment. This is a contract opportunity for a plant turnaround.
- Work with Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering in providing the highest quality maintenance and engineering services
- Provide solutions to recurring maintenance problems by analyzing delays and failure analyses
- Work closely with area personnel in developing and implementing preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Develop detailed and well documented Construction Work Packages
- Lead the implementation of technical improvements and the application of spare parts and materials to extend life and prevent equipment deterioration
- Assist in the planning and implementation of turnarounds and major engineering projects and support the project leader in all phases of major capital projects
- Design, initiate, and monitor preventative and predictive maintenance procedures for the major electrical and instrument equipment
- Identify and interface with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods, testing finished products, and system capabilities
- Insure compliance with all applicable project and site specifications, contract requirements, policies and codes
- Completion of a Technologist Diploma or Engineering Degree in Instrumentation with 10+ years of instrumentation experience in a plant/large operating facility.
- Technical knowledge/experience in the application and selection of devices and components for instrumentation designs, operations, and maintenance.
- Experience with project life span such as quality cost estimates, detailed design, documentation, cost and schedule management, commissioning, start-up, and a successful final turnover to operations and maintenance
- Strength in planning, organizing, problem solving, development and review of options
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.