TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for an INSTRUMENTATION TECHNOLOGIST for an Edmonton area-based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment
- Designing instrumentation loops with a sound technical knowledge to defend the application and selection of instrumentation devices within the loop
- Detailed instrumentation design including interfacing to PLCs and DCS systems
- Developing ‘turnkey type’ details and processes from the start of project development engineering to project closure
- Comfortable with project life span such as quality cost estimates, detailed design, documentation, cost and schedule management, commissioning, start-up, and a successful final turnover to operations and maintenance
- Development of detailed and well documented Construction Work Packages
- Insuring compliance with all applicable project and site specifications, contract requirements, policies and codes
- Ensuring the following, if applicable, are addressed in the work plan: heat tracing, piping insulation removal and reinstallation, heat shields, painting, and scaffolding
- Sketching or detailed designing of new instrumentation loop diagrams, as-builts, IJBs and IPLs
- Systems I/O mapping, listing BOMs and spare parts
- Maintaining and updating project instrumentation wiring and instrument data sheets
- Writing work procedures for the installation personnel, pre-commissioning loop function checks, Operations and Maintenance commissioning procedures, and Operator training packages
- Assisting planners with work planning by supplying design related details and procedures, performing field tours and reviewing the plan
- Participating in project updates including direct communications with vendors and providing written and verbal reports on instrumentation project work
- Instrumentation Engineering Technologist Diploma completion
- 10+ years industrial instrumentation experience in engineering and field design of projects
- Experienced with Management Of Change (MOC) is essential
- Registered with ASET, either a CET or P.Tech.
- Technical knowledge/experience in the application and selection of devices and components for instrumentation designs, operations, and maintenance.
- INtools hands-on design capabilities
- Experience with SAP is an asset
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office toolset)
- Strength in planning, organizing, problem solving, development and review of options
Only candidates with these qualifications will be contacted. Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.