TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PROCESS ENGINEER for an Edmonton area-based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Provide Process Engineering support to Operations, Maintenance, and Projects teams including analyzing and troubleshooting process problems, championing initiatives to correct deficiencies and improve performance, and being a focal point for providing technical information to internal and external customers.
- Process Engineering Design (Non-Routine and Capital Projects) including owning non-routine (MOC) changes and closure
- Monitor plant condition and efficiency, including investigating and addressing related plant deficiencies
- Visit the operating units to look at operating conditions, verify field installations, take contractors on tours, etc.
- Support PSM initiatives for safe operation of the operating facilities, including MOCs, critical defeat plans, PSV removal contingencies, fitness for service assessments
- Lead Operational Risk Management assessments. Steward execution plans for plant threats and provide input to the MET
- Process Safety Improvement Initiatives (SOLs, PSI, PSVs, etc.)
- Incident Investigations and follow-up, release calculations, etc.
- Other/Miscellaneous – i.e. GHG, Encon, Process Monitoring
- University Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered as a P.Eng with APEGA or eligible to obtain P.Eng.
- 5 – 15 years of Process Engineering experience
- Experience working with MS Office, SAP
- Experience with Pressure Relief Contingency Analysis
- Follow documentation standards and requirements regarding designs, as-built documentation, hazard assessment sign offs and assessment results
- Knowledge in pressure vessel, piping codes, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, safety valves and other process equipment
- Ability to perform various process engineering calculations, heat and mass balances, pressure and flow calculations, process simulation, etc. as needed
- Ability to read and create various drawings related to process engineering
- Familiar with PHA, LOPA, SIL Assessment and other Process Safety Management (PSM) theory and systems is an asset
- Ability to lead and influence others; maintenance planners, maintenance leaders, operators, shift leaders, coordinators and Operations Supervisor / Superintendent
- Familiarity with and ability to support risk based assessments in chemical processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment
Pay rates will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.