TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PROJECT COST CONTROLLER for a Saskatchewan based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Preparing cost, schedule and progress reports that allow the assigned projects to be proactively controlled and managed.
- Forecast procurement and contracting costs including the project estimate at completion.
- Interface with site accounting and financial functions as required and reconcile project costs and commitments with the financial control system.
- Implement systems and reporting to support control and management of the project.
- Review existing project controls and systems and propose additional controls as necessary.
- Establish the control budget for new projects.
- Align project cost reporting with the control budget.
- Monitor contractor workforce forecast, cost forecasting, invoicing and progress reporting to confirm the contractor’s productivity reporting and cost forecasts.
- Monitor and report contingency drawdown.
- Prepare monthly accruals.
- Support contract cost reconciliation and closeout activities.
- Coordinate close out documentation for the project.
- Work closely with the project team, construction, and site personnel to ensure cost controls are in place and effectively implemented to control the cost of the project.
- Participate in group activities, share thoughts and demonstrate active listening skills, while considering customer needs to provide the best service possible.
- A strong background in Construction Project Cost Control is required.
- Experience with Oracle is an asset.
- AACE International Certification is an asset.
- Previous potash mine experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in the field or related experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer competence and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.