TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a TURNAROUND BUYER for an opportunity in the greater Edmonton area to work in an operating plant environment.
- Establishing professional relationships with all vendors through regular contact and strong agreements
- Aggressively negotiating to ensure best value
- Understand and maintain a high level of service to meet internal customer requirements in a safe manner
- Ensures effective, proactive planning for execution of the procurement function
- Purchases will include both services and goods
- Managing risk exposure
- Observe all site-level and corporate procurement governance and procedures including safety are observed throughout all activities
- Expedite as required
- With limited supervision, applies subject matter expertise to the procurement function
- SCMP designation is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in SAP MM module
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 applications (Outlook, SharePoint, TEAMS, MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Extensive knowledge of applicable local and regional suppliers
- Extensive experience in Procurement at a plant level in an industrial environment
- Ideal candidate will have worked with SAP and SAP Ariba or another major enterprise system.
- Extensive turnaround buying experience in oil/gas or petrochemical industries
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to prioritize work and to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Proven team player
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.