TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for an ESTIMATOR for an Edmonton-based opportunity to work in a fabrication facility.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or project management methods.
- Establish a project plan for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver/present these reports during regular company meetings.
- Manage the lifecycles of various company’s projects from start-up through to completion.
- Conduct meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate this data into project plans.
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program when required.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to management through formal communications plan.
- Reallocate resources across multiple projects where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies.
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget.
- Create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 5+ years work experience in project management in the welding and fabricating field
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Familiar with databases and operating systems such as QAD
- Ability to create and facilitate meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to ensure projects are completed on time
- Experience with drawings and blueprint reading
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills
- Must be persuasive and motivating, with strong interpersonal skills Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management
- Must have the ability and dedication to staying up to date with new and emerging welding and fabrication trends
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Strong problem identification/resolution skills
- Experience in a production environment is strongly recommended
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.