TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PROCESS ENGINEER for an Alberta based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Provide process engineering support and process design for changes and improvements through the Management of Change (MOC) process, including ownership of changes through to closure
- Provide technical support for capital project development and execution, including up front alternative analysis and recommending design solutions
- Provide technical engineering support through engineering calculations, updates to heat and material balances, annual emissions calculations, process simulation, etc.
- Lead process and environmental incident investigations via structured methodology (e.g. cause mapping, etc.) within area of responsibility, provide engineering calculations or estimates as appropriate, and assist with follow-up action items
- Identify short and long-term equipment improvement and replacement needs
- Provide process monitoring as appropriate to identify problems, opportunities, and deficiencies: work to continuously improve safety, production, efficiency, cost and environmental performance
- Support ongoing Process Safety improvement including developing, updating, and maintaining Safe Operating Limits (SOLs), PSV contingencies, Critical Defeat plans, and PSI (e.g. P&IDs, and PFDs)
- Prepare for and/or participate in unit PHA’s, develop Corrective Action Plans to address required follow-up, and steward completion of Corrective Action Plans as appropriate
- Provide troubleshooting support, necessary Operational support (such as development of Alternate Energy Isolations), and plant start up and shut down support on an as needed basis
- Participate in/lead as required, risk reviews and assessments to appropriately manage abnormal operating situations
- Contribute within a team environment and establish strong working relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results
- Maintain a strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Develop recommendations for continuous improvement to department processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a chemical or process engineering role
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- iPRSM experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of process safety management, pressure vessels, piping codes, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors and safety valves
- Competency in incident investigation/root cause analysis and risk-based assessments in chemical processes
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.