TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PROJECT MANAGER (Electrical background) for an opportunity in the Calgary area.
- Preparing budgets, schedules and resource allocation plans for multi-discipline projects
- Managing project development and project execution through to start-up
- Ensuring successful completion of projects according to defined and agreed-upon objectives
- Developing standard practices and procedures related to management of projects
- Ensuring compliance to all government and corporate regulations in the area of safety, health and environment for all projects
- Participating in continuous improvement of project management procedures to improve overall project management effectiveness
- Working with contractors, vendors, consultants and others in the field of Project Management
- Controlling projects to ensure they are completed safely, on time, and within budget
- Sharing expertise and resources with other departments, plant sites and corporate offices
- Examine unexpected or unusual developments as part of the project execution and project design to find and implement innovative solutions
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer is an asset
- PMP is an asset
- 5-15 years of industrial project management experience
- Experience with budgeting for capital and major maintenance projects
- Experience with switchgear, MCCs, low/medium voltage brownfield projects
- Ability to work in an office and field environment with a high degree of interaction between management, technical, maintenance and self-managed operations teams
- Able to work with minimal supervision and must be highly motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.