TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a CONSTRUCTION QUALITY INSPECTOR for a Saskatchewan based opportunity to work in a mining environment.
- Leading the investigation of construction-related quality issues in a mining environment
- Supporting the investigation of project-specific issues and establishing effective corrective/preventive actions.
- Overseeing the development and/or implementation of technical solutions, ensuring efficient coordination of technical administrative resources and with other internal and external stakeholders
- Requires familiarization with internal and industry design and construction codes and standards
- Promote Quality awareness and culture on the project across the team members and Contractors.
- Advise on quality matters, inspection and interpretation of Codes and Standard as required.
- Review Contractors / Subcontractors Quality plan, procedures, inspection, and test plans to ensure it meets the project quality requirements.
- Monitor daily construction quality activities and conduct surveillance inspection to ensure compliance with approved Project drawings, Quality Plans, and contract documentation.
- Monitor contractors receiving inspection, material handling and traceability and calibration program as applicable.
- Ensure that the technical documentation is properly maintained and change management e.g. Request for Information, Technical deviations / exceptions, as-built are captured in project documentation.
- A degree or experience in the fields of piping, mechanical, electrical, mining or civil
- A minimum of five years of related construction quality experience
- Previous potash mine experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their personal resume through the form BELOW.