TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a FIELD COORDINATOR (Electrical) for a Calgary based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of field construction activities for capital projects, non-routine maintenance projects and MOC projects
- Providing technical knowledge and expertise for the development of sound project execution strategies
- Monitoring, measuring, and reporting the progress and results of the overall project progression and responsible to initiate any corrective action where appropriate
- Coordinating, directing, supervising, monitoring, and ensuring technical and quality specifications of field execution of projects
- Managing all project contract service providers to ensure safe, cost effective utilization of contracted resources
- Managing all specific project contracts for field adherence as well as providing input and direction on contract issues, directives, compliance, and change orders
- Managing project interactions with Operations and Maintenance, clearing obstacles that may interfere with the progress of the project, e.g.: authorizations, permits, procedures, precautions, schedule
- Accountable for the successful implementation of plant strategies and corporate strategies
- Providing daily work direction that optimizes the use of available resources (people, time, job assignments, and equipment)
- Accountable for the team’s adherence to policies and environmental regulations as well as demonstrate safe behaviour at all times
- Proven field supervisory skills
- A strong maintenance background and internal customer focus
- 5-10+ years of experience at an Industrial or Chemical Plant Operation with exposure to project work of various sizes
- Good understanding of computer programs and applications (Outlook, SAP, MS Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of site safety, OH&S, and environmental regulations
- Good understanding of project planning and scheduling techniques
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work and produce results under pressure
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.