TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a CONTRACT / PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST for an opportunity in the greater Calgary area in an Operating Plant environment.
- Interfacing with Project Engineering teams.
- Development of Procurement/contract strategies for assigned projects.
- Leading the development of Request for Proposal documents and bid evaluation criteria.
- Evaluating proposals, making recommendations and negotiating the final award of a Contract.
- Aggressively negotiating to ensure best value for our client.
- Leading vendor performance evaluations and documenting process improvements
- Maintaining databases for contracts, labor rates and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance to company best practices. Managing risk exposure to our client.
- Vacation coverage for teammates at other client’s facilities.
- Analyzing business data and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in all phases of procurement and contracting in chemical, oil and gas, EPC or other industrial environment.
- Training in Six Sigma or similar LEAN methodology.
- SCMA designation.
- Highly proficient in analyzing spend data.
- Experience in process development and implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to prioritize work and to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ideal candidate will have worked with SAP and SAP Ariba or another major enterprise system.
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.