TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for an ELECTRICAL DESIGNER for an Alberta based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Detailed electrical design including sketch or detail as-builts
- List BOMs and spare parts
- Familiarity and checking the redundancy design of system communications and power supplies
- Assist planner with work planning by supplying design related details and procedures, perform field tour and review the plan
- Maintain and update project electrical wiring and electrical data sheets
- Electrical interfacing design for MCCs
- Spot check field ongoing electrical construction activities
- Active field support including troubleshooting and wiring checkouts
- Completion of a Technologist Diploma in Electrical Technology and Journeyman certificate
- +5 years industrial electrical experience in engineering and field design of projects
- Experience in the application and selection of electrical devices and components for electrical designs
- Experience in developing field installation standards would be an asset
- Familiarity and confidence working on live electrical equipment in an operating plant environment
- Detailed Electrical design experience, with motor controls and protective systems, 600V and below distribution, lighting, grounding, and cable tray and conduit layout
- Ability to develop and communicate “turnkey type’ details and processes from the start of project development engineering to project closure
- SAP familiarization is an asset
- Understanding of electrical ladder logic, PLC’s and DCS systems is an asset
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.