TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a SAFETY COORDINATOR for an opportunity in the greater Calgary area in an Operating Plant environment.
- The Safety Coordinator is a field-based position responsible to ensure that the company is following health and safety regulations, legislation and policies and minimizing occupational risk in the work
- Inspects the training and safety management documents of employees and contractors providing outside services, and provides the contractors with safety training specific to the plant, location or equipment, as necessary
- Ensure that the appropriate safety regulations are followed in the workplace and recommends updates to the company’s safety plan as needed
- Provide or arrange for the necessary safety training for employees and contractors
- Job Hazard Analysis and Physical Demands Analysis.
- Promotes safety in the workplace and jobsite through training, education, intervention, and inspection
- Documents all training and certification to ensure compliance by the employee and contractor to minimize the company’s exposure in matters of regulatory compliance and liability
- Acts as the company’s guide in complying with federal, provincial, and local government regulations
- Work in the field with employees and contractors to identify safety risks and concerns in a proactive, positive work environment which allows all parties to progress in a meaningful way while ensuring health and safety requirements are maintained. Implement appropriate mitigating actions when necessary.
- Ensure incidents and near miss incidents are reported and findings and recommendations are implemented in the field.
- Work directly with the workforce to solve low risk safety concerns, offer consultation and guidance in safety matters. When risks are identified as medium or high, the Safety Coordinator will escalate the discussions to Field Level Supervisors and Safety Supervisor.
- Is a subject matter expert of health and safety programs on site, base legislation requirements as well as industry best practices which may not be documented.
- 5+ years experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role in an industrial/construction environment
- OHS Certificate or equivalent degree from a recognized institution
- NCSO and CRSP Designation is an asset
- Knowledgeable in all areas of the Alberta OHS act, regulation and code
- Certifications/knowledge relating to safety equipment, processes, procedures
- Experienced in quality control, quality assurance, safety and environmental methods / procedures
- Knowledge of all major operating department practices and procedures
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must be highly motivated and willing to provide leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.