TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a BUYER for an opportunity in the greater Edmonton area to work in an operating plant environment.
- Understand and maintain a high level of service to meet internal customer requirements, including daily meetings with stakeholders.
- Responsible for gathering all requirements related to turnaround and effectively planning for smooth, comprehensive execution of a pre-determined plan.
- Expert understanding of SAP to ensure all daily purchasing requirements are met.
- Ensures fast, efficient, and proactive purchasing for effective execution of the purchasing procurement function.
- Works with end-users and suppliers to ensure PO is fully invoiced and closing PO that is no longer required.
- Must have the ability to run reports to manage risks proactively.
- Negotiate and implement site contracts for turnaround, including single-source contracts.
- Coordinate all contracting with the Category Management group and build strong relationships to leverage new and existing agreements.
- Observe all site-level and corporate procurement governance and procedures are observed throughout all activities.
- Supports Goods Receipt Invoice Receipt discrepancies.
- With limited supervision, applies subject matter expertise to the procurement function.
- Establishing professional relationships with all vendors through regular contact and strong agreements.
- 5+ years of extensive experience in procurement at the plant level in an industrial environment such as chemical, oil and gas, manufacturing, etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP Materials Management would be an asset.
- Plant buying experience utilizing SAP and Ariba is an asset.
- Working knowledge of computer tools (database, MS Word, Excel) is an asset.
- Must demonstrate strong relationship building with internal and external stakeholders customers and peers.
- Able to prioritize activities in a dynamic operating environment.
- Must have excellent time management skills and funtion at a high level with minimal supervison
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields