TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a CIVIL ENGINEER for an opportunity to work in a mining environment.
- Liaise with the Capital Project Manager(s) to identify and advise on strategies for civil scopes of work required for the project.
- Liaise with design vendors, internal and external engineering to progress the design from the detailed engineering stage through to detailed SOW and drawing packages.
- Support civil engineering/geotechnical projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation; design and construction; geotechnical analysis; and dykes safety, inspections and reviews
- Review geotechnical analyses and provide technical expertise with a focus on soil mechanics, foundation design, soil-structure interaction and dam engineering
- Manage quality control and risks during geotechnical and design work, including critical review of results in coordination with project management team and “Engineer of Records”.
- Support daily execution activities including quality assurance and quality control activities and ensure contractor activities follow the construction work packages.
- Communicate execution progress as required to the project manager.
- Provide engineering and field supervision to field contractors for the assigned projects.
- Work within a multi-discipline engineering and project team (project engineering, cost control, scheduling, procurement, etc.) to ensure project is designed and executed in accordance to the agreed schedule and budget.
- Provide engineering support to development of engineering deliverables
- Monitor and track progress of field execution of work scopes using defined Earned Value metrics, project schedule.
- Identify and report project risks during engineering design and field execution
- Monitor execution of project scope and ensure it is executed in accordance to technical drawings, standards and specifications
- Monitor schedule and manhours in the field with field contractors and ensure the manhours, progress and schedule reported by field contractors is accurate.
- Liaise with internal engineering groups, external engineering contractors, operations and project management team to resolve engineering and/or construction conflicts and risks.
- Respond to RFIs originated in the field and ensure they are addressed in less than 24 hours to minimize construction delays. Ideally use his/her technical experience to resolve RFIs in the field as soon as they arise.
- Assist with the development and execution of Transfer of Care, Custody and Control (TCCC), Mechanical Completion Declaration (MCD), and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR).
- Review technical shop drawings.
- Participate in daily field coordination meetings and Contractor weekly management meetings.
- Participate in technical bid evaluations and in the selection of field contractors.
- Review and approved change management originated from field contractors (FCN, CCO, etc.)
- Follow up and Review and approved field redlines from field construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Mining Engineering
- Current registration or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan
- 10+ years of civil, geotechnical, mining or industrial engineering experience
- Experience in industrial civil earthworks such as dams, dykes, tailing areas, brine ponds, pump houses
- 10+ years of earthwork and surface utilities experience
- Knowledge of fundamental requirements of geotechnical engineering and the basic requirements of other engineering fields
- Potash mine experience would be a strong asset
- Good understanding of computer programs and applications (MS Office 365 applications, SAP)
- Experience with Civil 3D software such as CAD would be an asset
- General Mine Safety Awareness (GMSA) Certification required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong report writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work and produce results under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields