At TSG STAFFING SERVICES we are always recruiting in anticipation of our client’s future needs. As such, we are continuing to search for PROJECT ENGINEERS (Electrical/Instrumentation) for potential upcoming projects.
- Performing pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems
- Performing studies and developing scope of work and execution of engineering work
- Performing design of plant distribution systems including protection scheme
- Carrying out the responsibilities of a Lead Engineer on small to medium sized projects or Area Lead on large sized projects or providing technical support / leadership on projects
- Evaluating, inquiring and preparing purchase requisitions of electrical equipment and sub-contracts
- Developing and maintaining electrical project schedules, progress reports and cost estimates
- Executing change management process
- Coordinating project electrical activities with a utility and other disciplines for their area of responsibility
- Developing detailed electrical specifications for projects
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of electrical design throughout project and reviewing design for logic and functionality
- Performing relay protection and coordination studies
- Performing / witnessing tests at factory / site for all major electrical equipment
- Defining and developing the work share scope of work and execute effectively the work as per project requirements
- Interfacing with the design group to monitor and control project schedules, electrical hours and electrical costs for their area of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering Designation in Saskatchewan
- 7+ years of experience in the specifications, engineering, design, construction and start-up (on site industrial experience Preferred) on Potash mine sites
- Experience in high voltage switchyard design and high voltage equipment would be an asset
- Ability to determine objectives and approaches to assignments
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields