TSG STAFFING SERVICES is currently recruiting for a UNDERGROUND MATERIAL KITTER for a Saskatchewan based opportunity to work in a mining environment.
- Uncrate, sort, and verify all materials and equipment are supplied for each Miner Overhaul. Any issues with the materials and equipment are to be highlighted to the Project Manager
- Highlight any unused materials to the Planner and Project Manager so the KIT order lists can be updated
- Coordinate lowering with the Shaft Department and underground transportation of the materials and equipment with the Material Coordinators
- Liaison with the Miner Overhaul KIT suppliers to arrange site delivery and warehouse receiving of all materials and equipment
- Support the Warehouse and Material Coordinators in the receiving of all Capital deliveries and complete inspections to confirm no damages during shipping
- Return all unused materials and equipment to the warehouse for restocking at the completion of each Miner Overhaul
- Provide support to assist with the monitoring of supplier performance to maintain cost, schedule, scope and quality
- Provide support the Material Coordinators to arrange all underground transportation of Capital material and equipment to the underground storage lockups
- Ensure suppliers close any punch-list actions for their deliveries as they progress to completion.
- Ensure that safe work habits are enforced and instruct safe methods of doing work
- Perform all required regulatory compliance checks, job observations and actively participate in the safety program
- 2+ years of experience in materials or trades fields
- Potash mine experience would be a strong asset
- General Mine Safety Awareness (GMSA) Certification required
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Experience using MS Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields