TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGIST for an opportunity in the greater Edmonton area to work in an operating plant environment.
- Providing Technologist & Engineering support and expertise to the maintenance department as required, ensuring the highest quality and accuracy of turnaround activities
- Assisting the Maintenance Engineers in the preparation, execution and closing of the plant turnaround
- Designing and planning of turnaround projects using sound engineering and project management principles
- Exposure to different chemical processes and industrial equipment
- Supporting the site turnaround management goals and initiatives
- Developing specifications for equipment purchases and repairs
- Leading implementation of turnaround projects
- Potentially working extended hours during the turnaround
- Must be registered with ASET
- Experience working with rotating equipment (pumps, turbines, blowers, conveyors)
- Proven technical capabilities with 2 years experience combined with a NAIT equivalent diploma
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and SAP
- General mechanical aptitude
- Flexibility to expand skills and assume new duties
- Organization and time management skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields