TSG STAFFING SERVICES is currently recruiting for a PROCESS ENGINEER for a Calgary S.E. area-based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Work with both internal plant personnel and external consultants/contractors to help progress the process engineering parts of the projects through design, construction, commissioning, and startup.
- Visit the operating units to look at operating conditions, verify field installations and take contractors on tours.
- Conduct/coordinate field reviews during the design and construction phases to minimize construction conflicts.
- Navigate the scope of the project though the use of the Navisworks, the 3-D modeling software, and training will be provided.
- Manage HAZOPs/SILDs and their follow-up recommendations.
- Coordinate with other site personnel to ensure all PSM requirements are being met.
- Assist with writing operation procedures and training manuals.
- Have ownership of P&IDs, PFDs, C&E Diagrams, Mass Balance, and PSM requirements on the project.
- Be aware of other parallel projects and be an owner’s representative focusing on operations, maintenance, and reliability.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team, take ownership of assigned commissioning systems.
- Develop detailed commissioning plans, working with other disciplines, to ensure all requirements are met.
- Ensure system commissioning steps are scheduled in Primavera P6.
- Arrange vendor support, including obtaining RFPs/POs and ensuring ISNet compliance.
- Develop a PSSR process to efficiently manage a large number of PSSRs and follow-up tasks, while still meeting company requirements.
- Lead and participate in PSSRs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 8+ years’ experience in chemical or process engineering role.
- Professional Engineer designation or immediately eligible.
- Proven experience with planning, problem solving, and organization of complex projects.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Office, Bluebeam, Navisworks, and SAP.
- Familiarity with other engineering disciplines (eg. mechanical, instrumentation, etc.).
- Previous experience in major capital projects.
- Previous commissioning and PSSR experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Pay rates will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields