TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PROJECT ENGINEER (Mechanical) for a Saskatchewan based opportunity to work in a mining environment.
- Work within a multi-discipline engineering and project team (project engineering, cost control, scheduling, procurement, etc.) to ensure project is designed and executed in accordance to the agreed schedule and budget.
- Provide engineering and field supervision to field contractors for the assigned projects.
- Provide engineering support to development of engineering deliverables
- Monitor and track progress of field execution of work scopes using defined Earned Value metrics, project schedule.
- Review and approved change management originated from field contractors
- Liaise with the Capital Project Manager(s) to identify and advise on strategies for mechanical scopes of work required for the projects.
- Liaise with design vendors, internal and external engineering to progress the design from the detailed engineering stage through to detailed SOW and drawing packages.
- Liaise with internal engineering groups, external engineering contractors, operations and project management team to resolve engineering and/or construction conflicts and risks.
- Support mechanical engineering projects, including field investigation; design and construction; inspections and reviews
- Manage quality control and risks during design work, including critical review of results in coordination with project management team and “Engineer of Records”.
- Monitor schedule and manhours in the field with field contractors and ensure the manhours, progress and schedule reported by field contractors is accurate.
- Respond to RFIs originated in the field and ensure they are addressed in less than 24 hours to minimize construction delays.
- Assist with the development and execution of Transfer of Care, Custody and Control (TCCC), Mechanical Completion Declaration (MCD), and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR).
- Participate in daily field coordination meetings and Nutrien/Contractor weekly management meetings.
- Participate in technical bid evaluations and in the selection of field contractors.
- Review technical shop drawings.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Saskatchewan
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with budgeting for capital and major maintenance projects
- Potash mine experience would be a strong asset
- General Mine Safety Awareness (GMSA) Certification required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields