TSG STAFFING SERVICES is currently recruiting for a PROJECT MANAGER (MECHANICAL) for an opportunity in the greater Calgary area in an Operating Plant environment.
- Conduct/coordinate field reviews during the design and construction phases to minimize construction conflicts.
- Create and track requisitions during the procurement process then review invoices to make sure they align with deliverables and the contract.
- Own and execute the Project Execution Plan and ensure all documents required are completed and approved.
- Manage a request-for-information (RFI) system and ensure requests are driven to conclusion and properly documented.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling the project schedule and cost.
- Work with both internal plant personnel and external consultants/contractors to help progress the technical parts of the project through design, construction, commissioning, and startup.
- Work full-time on revamp projects including the Debottleneck (replacement of the Ammonia Converter) and Reformer (both radiant and convection sections).
- Write and manage change orders for the project.
- Navigate the scope of the project though the use of the Navisworks 3-D modeling software.
- Manage action lists and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner by all parties.
- Ensure all engineering work meets APEGA requirements and companies PPMP.
- Ensure all necessary engineering reviews are done and adequately followed up on, per company’s project management practices.
- Participate in the model reviews.
- Ensure all licensor requirements are incorporated into the detailed design.
- Visit the operating units to look at operating conditions, verify field installations, take contractors on tours, safety conditions and safe work practices.
- Ensure that review and commenting activities (both internal and external) are done in a timely manner.
- 15+ years’ experience in Mechanical or Process Engineering role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineer Designation or immediately eligible.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Office, Bluebeam, Navisworks, and SAP.
- Knowledge of ammonia, urea, or syngas production.
- Familiarity with other engineering disciplines (eg. mechanical, instrumentation, etc.).
- Experience on major capital projects and interfacing with engineering and supplier companies is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven experience with planning, problem solving, and organization of complex projects.
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields