TSG STAFFING SERVICES is currently recruiting for a BUYER (TURNAROUND) for an Edmonton area-based opportunity to work in an Operating Plant environment.
- Responsible for gathering all requirements related to turnaround and effectively planning for smooth, comprehensive execution of a pre-determined plan.
- Negotiate and implement site contracts for Turnaround, including single-source contracts.
- Purchases will include both services and goods and be a mixture of planned and un-planned requests with some requests being extremely critical and urgent and will require a high degree of attention to facilitate ASAP delivery.
- Working with end-users to determine and finalize requirements; RFx activity, negotiation; award, PO creation and issuance, and follow-on activities.
- Ensures fast, efficient, and proactive purchasing for effective execution of the purchasing procurement function.
- Supports Goods Receipt Invoice Receipt (GRIR) discrepancies.
- Expert understanding of SAP to ensure all daily purchasing requirements are met as well as the ability to run reports to manage risks proactively.
- Pro-actively monitor risks and find quick solutions during the turnaround execution window.
- Works with end-users and suppliers to ensure PO is fully invoiced and closing PO that is no longer required.
- Understand and maintain a high level of service to meet internal customer requirements.
- Observe all site-level and corporate procurement governance and procedures are observed throughout all activities.
- Coordinate all contracting with the Category Management group and build strong relationships to leverage new and existing agreements.
- Establishing professional relationships with all vendors through regular contact and strong agreements.
- With limited supervision, applies subject matter expertise to the procurement function.
- 5+ years of extensive experience in procurement at the plant level in an industrial environment such as chemical, oil and gas, manufacturing, etc.
- Plant buying experience utilizing SAP ECC P2P and Ariba S2C is an asset.
- Working knowledge of SAP Materials Management would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of computer tools (database, MS Word, Excel).
- Able to prioritize activities in a dynamic operating environment.
- Must demonstrate strong relationship building with internal and external stakeholders’ customers and peers.
- Able to function at a high level with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form Below.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields