TSG STAFFING SERVICES is currently recruiting for a MECHANICAL ENGINEER (STATIC EQUIPMENT) for an Edmonton area-based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Mechanical engineering and design
- Equipment, fabrication inspections, and commissioning
- Maintaining project schedules and budgets, staying aware of project progress
- Field checking and verification
- Creation and preparation of technical specifications, data sheets, equipment specifications
- Analyzing problems and deficiencies, making assumptions and developing solutions to resolve
- Project coordination duties such as tracking and reporting
- Contributing to project reports, in collaboration with project team members
- Complete Fit-for-Service (FFS) evaluations and provide oversight of external engineering FFS
- Provide technical support to the inspection team regarding damage mechanisms, inspection findings and repair plans
- Support operations and maintenance departments with troubleshooting and resolving issues related to stationary equipment
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) based on the RCA standards
- Oversight of structural analysis completed by third-party engineering
- Provide technical mentorship for Engineers-in-Training (EITs)
- Liasing with construction, maintenance, inspection and operations groups
- Contributing to a positive working environment
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer with APEGA, or is eligible for registration
- 5+ years of industrial experience. Experience should include work on heavy industrial projects such as power supply facilities, mining facilities, large petrochemical plants and refineries, or oil and gas production facilities.
- Experience with stationary equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, or tanks)
- Strong Stationary Equipment design knowledge, very familiar with ASME VIII, CSA B51(to certain extent) other ASME and API codes.
- Knowledge on how the Boilers and Pressure Vessel Act governs pressure equipment in Alberta.
- Understanding and applying engineering principals, concepts and procedures to assigned engineering projects
- Operating and designing tools to carry out assigned projects
- Reviewing and evaluating data from various sources
- Familiar with standard software packages and prepare calculations and designs
- Excellent verbal and written communicates skills
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form below.
Static Equipment Engineer
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields