TSG STAFFING SERVICES is currently recruiting for a PROCESS ENGINEER for a Calgary area-based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment.
- Complete Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for projects and MOCs. This can include:
- Gathering data from mass & energy balances, operating data from the site historian, equipment data from the field or equipment files
- Creating new mass & energy balances around sections of the plant using simulation software
- Developing detailed equipment data sheets
- Creating design conditions for existing and new equipment
- Populating Line Designation Tables
- With support from the Process Safety Engineer, complete risk analyses on projects and MOCs to help develop the scope.
- Potentially lead and drive small projects from the initial idea, through engineering design, to planning and scheduling.
- Support the Operations Engineers with day-to-day plant troubleshooting and improvements. This involves using chemical engineering calculations to diagnose undefined plant performance problems and find the cause. Structured investigating, root cause analysis, and cause mapping are key skills.
- Support the Operations Engineers with day-to-day plant and equipment performance monitoring. This could involve using existing calculations and programs or developing new ones.
- Analyze large amounts on unstructured plant data to look for trends. This can be part of plant troubleshooting to find issues or looking for opportunities to improv e the plant performance.
- 5+ years experience at an industrial process setting
- Engineering degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Registered as or eligible to be licensed as a Professional Engineering in Alberta
- Ability to handle large and varied work
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), planning and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and data management systems. Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and process simulation software (i.e. ASPEN, HYSYS) is a must. Familiarity with Pi Vision, PowerBI, SAP, PHA Pro, and iPRSM are all assets.
Pay rates will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume through the form BELOW.
Apply to this job by submitting your application below.
"*" indicates required fields